Join Our Team at The Greeniwch Arts Council
Thanks for your interest in joining The Greeniwch Arts Council.
The Greenwich Arts Council is a 501©(3) non-profit arts organization, incorporated in 1973 with the purpose of developing greater encouragement of, and access to, the arts in the Town and surrounding area. Located in the Old Town Hall Building on Greenwich Avenue, it is in the heart of the downtown business district. The location serves as an Arts Center for its own programs and those of other arts organizations in Greenwich.
We are currently seeking an Office Administrator to join our team. This position is based in Greenwich, CT.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR ROLE
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining the GAC facility: coordinating the day to day maintenance of the building upkeep, communicate with Town officials when needed or instructed by the Executive Director about the needs of the facility.
- Create, edit and maintain facility and program calendars and GAC databases for membership, fundraising, artists, performances, and sales. Also, inform and provide the Executive Director with a copy of the daily calendar of events and/or classes.
- Be responsible for all scheduling and booking for the GAC rental spaces: Galleries, Meeting/Performance Space, Offices, Artist and Dance Studio, as well for GAC meetings and programs. The Office Administrator should maintain contracts and lease agreements with program participants, tenants and general public in proper order.
- Assist Fundraising Committee Members with updates and tracking the progress of the events.
- Attend GAC programs and provide support for gallery openings, fundraisers, lectures, concerts, programs and special events.
- Perform administrative support duties for the Executive Director. Such tasks should be, but not limited to: weekly check deposits to the bank, coordinating all aspects of Board of Directors and committee meetings, conducting official communications with members of the Board, and coordinating the light breakfast for the morning meetings.
- Order, recommend and organize all the office supplies; monitor and follow annual budget.
- Coordinate general IT functions, trouble shooting, and maintenance.
- Work with Executive Director about weekly website updates.
- Possesses excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrates confidence at ease with verbal communication and consistently demonstrates the ability to interact graciously and effectively with the Board of Directors, Staff and the General Public.
- Excellent Communication and writing skills, be a team player, and ability to multi task.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite along with knowledge of Donor Perfect Software is preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience as an office/executive assistant or related position.
The Greenwich Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V